Work with us
Why work at The Perse?
The Perse is a friendly and inspiring place to work.
You would be part of a caring and inclusive community, in which our students feel safe and thrive.
We know our passionate and talented staff are our biggest assets and we help our staff to realise their ambitions here by providing extensive professional development opportunities.
As an academically-selective school, you’ll work with some of the brightest and most intellectually curious young minds and have the chance to inspire them through stimulating and creative lessons.
We also encourage teaching staff to get involved in our thriving extra-curricular programme by running one of our many lunchtime and after-school clubs and societies.
Support Staff opportunities
Every successful school needs an excellent team working behind the scenes to keep things running smoothly and we are no exception.
From administrators to caretakers and from ground staff to department technicians, there could be a role for you among our exceptional support staff.
Other benefits of being a member of our staff community include:
- Competitive pension and life assurance schemes
- Free parking and secure spaces for bikes. We also offer a Cycle to Work scheme, enabling the purchase of a bike for home-to-work travel
- Free lunch on schooldays with hot and cold meals available, prepared with fresh ingredients by our catering team
- Access to the Upper Fitness Suite, with a full-time instructor available to develop personalised fitness programmes
- Hundreds of discounts to stores and services, plus online training and wellbeing courses, available through our Perkbox scheme
- Employee-funded Medicash scheme providing access to claim back everyday healthcare costs
Life in Cambridge
Cambridge offers a high quality of life to people looking for a cosmopolitan city with a small-town feel.
A vibrant city, Cambridge has a fine array of high street stores and independent boutiques on cobbled lanes, Michelin-starred restaurants, pop-up eateries, traditional pubs, back street cafes, museums, cinemas, concert halls and theatres. Yet it also has acres of green space with riverside parkland and city centre commons, where cows still graze, as well as a beautiful botanic garden.
Living in Cambridge opens up a world of social and intellectual opportunities, with internationally-renowned film, literature and science festivals, as well as the popular Cambridge Festival of Ideas exploring the arts, humanities and social sciences.
The Perse also benefits from the world-class academic and research institutions on its doorstep such as the University of Cambridge, the Biomedical Campus at Addenbrooke’s Hospital and Wellcome Genome Campus.
Closing date 23 August 2022
After School AssistantPermanent/Part Time
Closing date 23 August 2022
Administrative Assistant/ReceptionistPermanent/Full Time
Closing date 19 August 2022
Admissions AdministratorTerm Time
Closing date 18 August 2022
Finance Assistant (Temporary or Permanent)Full Year