COVID-19 Latest School Information
5 Mar 2021
Last updated 5 March 2021
Pupils returning to school
All pupils (3-18) will be returning to in-school learning from Monday 8 March 2021 with the exception of those who are clinically extremely vulnerable. Parents should check their PersePost inbox for further details, including updates on lateral flow testing for Upper School pupils.
For our Covid-19 testing privacy notice, please click here.
Reporting positive Covid-19 test results
To report a positive Covid-19 test result, please email email@example.com. Please report positive cases, even if your child is remote learning.
In-person tours of the Pelican, Prep and Upper School will not be taking place at the current time.
However, you can view our Prep online prospectus, our Upper online prospectus and Sixth Form online prospectus, which feature lots of films and podcasts about life at our schools. You can also download an electronic version of our Pelican prospectus.
Information for Perse parents
We are following all relevant Department for Education, Public Health England and health and safety advice to operate Covid-secure sites.
If your child feels unwell, please refer to the Quick guide for parents – Covid-19, for actions you need to take.
For further information on our Covid-19 health and safety advice, please click here.
For our Covid-19 risk assessment, please click here.
For our Covid-19 code of conduct, please click here.
For our Covid-19 equality impact assessment, please click here.
If you do need to come on to the school site, you will be asked to wear a face covering for meetings inside and use hand gel on arrival and encouraged to regularly wash your hands. Thank you for your understanding and co-operation at this time.
The 5 S’s
To keep pupils and staff safe, we will follow the 5 S’s at all times.
The Perse Upper will operate Covid-secure measures for pupils in school. These include:-
- The requirement for all students and staff to wear face coverings inside wherever it is not possible to maintain a 2m social distance unless pupils/staff are exempt.
- Due to the stay-at-home rules, no pupil may leave the site during the school day except for a legitimate purpose such as a medical appointment or travelling to/from home. Pupils who do not pay for a school lunch should bring a packed lunch from home.
- Year group assemblies will operate online.
- Adults must keep a 2m social distance from each other.
- Strict adherence to HANDS, FACE, SPACE, VENTILATION advice.
- Only activities on the Upper, Prep, Pelican and Abington sites can go ahead. All off-site activities are cancelled.
- Face coverings should be worn in communal spaces (such as common room, Sixth Form Centre, Peter Hall Performing Arts Centre, lunch queues, corridors and stairs).
After careful consideration, the decision has been taken that the school bus service and the daily shuttle buses between Prep/Pelican and Prep/Upper will cease temporarily during the Covid-19 pandemic.
This decision has been taken with regret, but The Perse has concluded that the operation of a bus service which brings together in close proximity children from different year groups and different Perse schools is not consistent with the bubble infection control measures recommended to combat Covid-19.
The situation will remain under review and the school is committed to reinstating the bus service and shuttle buses as soon as reasonably possible. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.