Almost half of Perse A level results are A*
18 Aug 2016
Nearly one in two (45.5%) Perse A level and Pre-U entries this year were awarded an A* or Pre-U equivalent, the highest percentage ever recorded at the School. For the seventh year in succession, more than three quarters of entries were graded at either A* or A.
165 students secured a total of 541 A level or Pre-U exam results:
- 45.5% of the entries were graded A* or the Pre-U equivalent (national A* average was 8.1%).
- 80% of the entries were graded at A* or A (or equivalent).
- 26% (43 students) achieved three or more A* grades (or equivalent).
- 65% (108 students) achieved three or more A* or A grades (or equivalent).
- 90% (148 students) achieved at least one A* or A grade (or equivalent).
- All entries for English were graded A* or A, and more than half of the 43 students studying Further Maths achieved an A*.
Congratulating students and staff on their success Ed Elliott, Head, said:
“Year after year, the results are remarkably consistent. That Perse students can achieve such outstanding academic results alongside their enthusiasm for independent research, their work in the community, a full list of sports fixtures, myriad music and drama performances, and challenging oversees expeditions, is testament to their appetite for life, character and dedication.”
Lower sixth students shared in the record-breaking success, achieving the highest ever percentage of A grades. 81% of entries received the top award this year.
A full breakdown of results is available on our sixth form exam results page.