Prep Wellbeing Week
Pupils at the Prep are being encouraged to think about how they take care of themselves as part of their Wellbeing Week. Children will take part in a range of activities (from art to aerobics, mindfulness to team-building) over the course of the week, designed to get them thinking about how they can take care of themselves in different ways – an important life skill.
They will be set a wellbeing challenge each day – Monday’s was to take notice; whether that be taking a break from the screen to spot something they have not seen before or pause during their busy day to appreciate the world around them.
Pupils will be focusing on lots of different aspects of wellbeing, and in their first session of the week, they were asked whether they can do all they can to help themselves feel physically, mentally and emotionally good. They were encouraged to:
- Connect – by getting to know new people and looking after the friendships they have.
- Take notice – by being aware of the world around them.
- Give – by doing something kind for someone.
- Learn and discover – by trying something new or perhaps rediscovering an old interest
- Be healthy – by eating well, staying active and getting enough sleep.
- Care – by looking after the world and saving energy.
After a very successful visit last term, performance poet Adisa will be returning to the Prep later in the week to conduct rap poetry workshops, and pupils will also become circus performers as they learn juggling and plate throwing. The whole school will also take to the playground for a whole school aerobics session and will have the opportunity to try some yoga moves and practise meditation to relax both body and mind.