Outstanding A level results for Perse students
For the sixth year in succession, more than three quarters of Perse A level entries were graded at either A* or A. One hundred and seventy-one Perse students secured 561 A level or Pre-U exam results.
The percentage of entries graded at A* or A (or the Pre-U equivalent) was 79%, with 40% graded at the top A* level (the national average was 8.2%). Other headline figures include:
- 62% (106 students) achieved three or more A* / A grades (or equivalent).
- 92% (158 students) achieved at least one A* or A (or equivalent).
- 18 students got the top grade in all the A level or Pre-U exams they took.
- 99% of students were awarded A*- C.
- The School’s A* to E rate was 100%.
- More than three quarters of the 38 students taking further maths achieved an A*, and 86% of the 49 history students achieved an A* or A.
A full breakdown of this year’s results can be found here.
Head Ed Elliott, commented:
“I am delighted to be able to congratulate our students and teachers on such excellent results across the full range of subjects. For the sixth year running more than three quarters of Perse entries were graded at either A* or A, and more than a hundred students are today celebrating three or more A* or A grades. Year on year The Perse consistently achieves some of the best results in the country, a testament to our culture of intellectual curiosity and scholarship.”
One Upper Sixth student who plans to read engineering at Clare College, Cambridge, leaves The Perse with five top grades: A* in A level chemistry, maths, further maths and design & technology, and a D1 (higher than A* at A level) in Pre-U physics.
We also celebrate the success of three Year 11 students took the maths A level two years early and all achieved maximum marks (300/300) on the A2 modules. A Lower Sixth student has now completed the further maths course a year early with a final score of 998/1000 marks altogether from ten maths modules.
In addition, at AS level 70% of results were awarded the top A grade.