Perse students celebrate outstanding A level results
14 Aug 2014
For the fifth year in succession, more than three quarters of Perse A level entries were graded at either A* or A. The School is also celebrating its best year ever for AS results.
157 students secured a total of 519 A level or Pre-U exam results:
- 76% of the entries were graded at A* or A (or the Pre-U equivalent); 38% were graded A* (last year’s national A* average was 7.6%).
- More than 60% (96 students) achieved three or more A* / A grades (or equivalent).
- 91% (143 students) achieved at least one A* or A (or equivalent).
- 18 students got the top grade in all the exams they took.
- The School’s A* to C pass rate was 97%.
- In Latin and art all entries were graded at A* or A; followed by history (91%) and further maths (86%).
Ed Elliott, Head, commented:
“I am delighted to be able to congratulate our students and teachers on such excellent results. For the fifth year running more three quarters of Perse entries were graded at either A* or A, and the majority of the year group are today celebrating three or more A/A* grades. Added to which this is the School’s best ever set of AS results.”
One Year 11 student – only 16 years old – took A level maths two years early and achieved a perfect 600 out of 600 – full marks in all six modules.
One 18 year-old student, who plans to read electronic engineering with nanotechnology, leaves The Perse with five A*s at A level in chemistry, maths, further maths, Japanese and design and technology, and the top D1 mark in physics Pre-U. Another of the same age secured five A*s at A level in economics, Russian, physics, maths and further maths and an A in German, and plans to read economics.
In addition, at AS level just under 70% of results were awarded the top A grade.
Well done to all of the students who received their results today.