The Perse School

My Bequest

Thank you for considering making a bequest to The Perse in your will

Making a Bequest

Many OPs wishing to leave a gift that will make a considerable difference may not be able to do so during their lifetime because of their daily financial commitments.

Including a legacy in your will offers you that opportunity and will be warmly appreciated. If you would like to leave a legacy to The Perse, we advise you to talk to your solicitor to ensure that your wishes are accurately recorded. It may be helpful to let them know that our official name is ‘The Perse School’ and that our registered charity number is 1120654.

If you have already remembered The Perse in your will, please do let us know so we can thank you properly and also welcome you as a member of the Dr Perse Society.

Planned Giving (USA)

Old Perseans living in the United States of America can make a bequest in favour of The Perse School via the British Schools and Universities Foundation (BSUF). In doing so, they will benefit from the same tax advantages they would receive in leaving a bequest to a US charity.

More information can be found on the BSUF website, and to contact BSUF regarding a bequest, please email:

Charitable Remainder Trusts (USA)

OPs living in the USA can also leave a legacy to The Perse by setting up a Charitable Remainder Trust (CRT).

These trusts are designed to convert an investor’s highly appreciated assets into a lifetime income stream without generating estate and capital gains taxes.

When you establish a CRT, you or another beneficiary, such as your spouse or another family member, receive income from the trust for life or for a specified amount of time.

By designating the British Schools and Universities Foundation (BSUF) as a remainder beneficiary and naming The Perse School as a preferred ‘Approved Institution’, when the trust ends, the remaining assets would then be passed onto the School.

The BSUF is not permitted to offer tax or legal advice. Donors who are contemplating creating a Charitable Remainder Trust must consult with a professional advisor for guidance (usually their lawyer or banker) prior to making decisions.

More information can be found on the BSUF website, or to contact BSUF regarding a Charitable Remainder Trust, please email:

Calendar Site Search