Languages – other
A level Italian
Where there is sufficient student interest, we offer the Italian A Level over two years for Sixth Form students only. There is a modest subsidised fee for this course.
Internationally-recognised proficiency tests
Available to Sixth Form students only. Depending on numbers, we offer the following courses to students who already have intermediate (GCSE) competency in the given language.
- DELF – Awarded by the French Ministry of Education, this proves the French language skills of non-French candidates. See ‘French’ for more details.
- DELE – These Spanish Diplomas are official titles certifying degree of competence and mastery of the Spanish language, granted by Spain’s Ministry of Education. See ‘Spanish’ for more details.
- GZ – Goethe-Zertifikat is an official qualification recognised as proof of the respective knowledge level in German as a second language. See ‘German’ for more details.
- HSK – The HSK (Hanyu Shuiping Kaoshi) test is China’s only official test of Chinese language proficiency for non-native speakers. There is a subsidised cost for this course.
- JLPT – The JLPT (Japanese-Language Proficiency Test) is an internationally-recognised qualification for non-native speakers of Japanese. There is a subsidised cost for this course.