Inclusion, Equality and Diversity
We value one another at The Perse and Inclusion, Equality & Diversity (IE&D) are integral to our community life.
With the help of a working group comprising of pupils, staff, alumni, governors, parents, and experts from other organisations, we have been engaged in a programme to create awareness of key issues and drive our response at a personal and organisational level.
We have achieved a great deal and we continue to hone our understanding so that all members of our community can flourish in a welcoming environment, as we proactively embed inclusive practices into our culture.
Transforming conversations have included:
- Inclusion, psychological safety, living with difference
- Racism, its effects on identity, learning, wellbeing and developing anti-racist practice
- Sexism, sexual harassment, and violence; identity, wellbeing, learning and developing anti-sexist practice
- Gender – is it innate, is it a social construct, it it assigned at birth, is it associated with belief in God?
- Inclusive language
- Social in equality and intersectionality, how do we include minority groups in our school?
- Pedagogy for inclusive practice
- Neurodiversity and inclusion
- Developing positive masculinity
Our IE&D strategic development plan emerged from these discussions.
We are proud that staff and students created a new IE&D policy and helped develop the first national cohort of staff to be trained and credited as Sexual Misconduct Liaison Officers.
We have audited our curriculum and are sharing best practice across departments. Pupils have led assemblies and peer-taught on issues that affect our community. Through our diversity calendar we have raised awareness and supported wide ranging events, while pupils have helped train staff and informed development of our RSE curriculum.
Moving forward, we seek to explore different perspectives, respect the experience of others, and remain committed to further growth.
- About us
- Our Vision and Values
- Supporting our Community
- Annual Review
- Our History
- Inclusion, Equality and Diversity
- Our Facilities
- Our Staff
- Our Governors
- Contact Us